The purpose of the Scottish Gaelic Texts Society (SGTS) is to provide the publication of texts in the Scottish Gaelic language. In order to carry out this task, SGTS relies heavily on its subscribers, whose personal data are collected at the time of beginning a subscription.
When and how we collect your data
SGTS collects your data from the SGTS membership form, and when you contact us to update them. We do not collect personal data from any other sources.
What personal data we hold
SGTS never asks for any personal information other than your name, email address, and postal address.
Why we collect your personal data
SGTS collects its subscribers’ personal data to communicate with them on SGTS-related matters, and to send them its publications. We do not sell or share personal data with any other individuals or organisations.
Lawful basis for the processing of your data
The lawful basis for processing your personal data is that of consent, implicit in your supplying SGTS with those data at the time you join the Society.
How long we store your personal data
SGTS keeps its subscribers’ personal data only for the period of time each subscription remains active.
SGTS is committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring your privacy. We process your data ‘in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures’, in accordance with current legislation.
Personal data protection legislation gives you the right to:
- be informed: about how we collect and use your personal data
- access: a copy of your personal data will be made available to you upon request
- rectification: please ask us to rectify the personal data we hold for you if it is incorrect
- erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’): you have the right for your personal data to be erased
- restriction: having the processing of your personal data restricted or suppressed
- objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- data portability: moving, copying or transferring your personal data easily from one IT environment to another
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact SGTS at email@example.com.
Personal data breaches
Should you become aware of a personal data breach, please let us know immediately by contacting SGTS at firstname.lastname@example.org.